Terms & Conditions
This website and its content is copyright of London Slings Ltd © 2018. All rights reserved.
Definitions that apply in these Terms
1. The owner of this website is London Slings Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 11107338, with registered office at Castle Court, 1 Castle Street, Porchester, Fareham (referred to as “London Slings”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
3. In these Terms, we use the following definitions:
Takes A Village is a brand name for a collaborative hub organised by London Slings Ltd.
“Partner(s)” means our carefully selected partners that provide services at Takes A Village.
“Products” means the products for sale through the Takes a Village website.
“Services” means the services, including workshops, consultation and social events provided at Takes a Village.
4. We try our best to make sure that all descriptions of our Products are accurate. However, the appearance of colour, texture and finish of our Products may be differ depending on your devices.
5. All Products are subject to availability. We will let you know by email if a Product you have ordered is not in stock.
6. All prices shown on our website include VAT. Delivery charges will be shown at checkout.
7. Once you have completed the order process, we will send you an email confirming your order. We will email you again once we have dispatched your item. We endeavour to dispatch all orders within 2 working days (if ordered before 10pm). However, sometimes reasons beyond our control can happen, which may result in a delay to your order. If your order is delayed we will notify you by email.
8. There may be some circumstances whereby we cannot accept your order, this may be because:
- a Product is out of stock;
- we are unable to obtain payment authorisation; or
- there is an error with our Product description and / or pricing.
9. You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of receipt by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating your order, address and contact details and return your item (unused and in its original packaging) within 28 days from receipt. We will refund you for the original purchase price with 14 days of receipt of your returned order.
10. If you wish to cancel your order before it has been dispatched, please email email@example.com. If we are able to cancel your order, we will refund you the original purchase price and delivery charge (if applicable) within 14 days.
11. Products must be returned in their original and unused condition within 28 days of receipt.
12. Your statutory rights are not unaffected.
13. All refunds will be debited to the payment method used to purchase your order.
14. We only accept British Pounds and accept payment by Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit, Electron, Paypal and Takes a Village gift vouchers.
15. Takes a Village Gift Vouchers can be purchased online and exchanged for Services offered at Takes a Village.
16. Gift Vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
Workshops & Classes
17. We welcome drop-ins but our workshops & classes are limited in space so if you can, please book in advance. Follow the link on our website to book your workshop or class. All workshops and classes need to be prepaid in advance, either online or paying in person on the day.
18. Please give yourself plenty of time for workshops and classes - but don't worry, we understand if you are running late or need to leave early, just let the person leading the workshop know in advance (if possible).
19. We understand that life with a baby means that your plans may need to change. All workshops and classes may be re-scheduled by giving 24 hour’s notice by logging into our booking page and amending your booking. If you need any help with this at all please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This means that your workshop may be re-booked for another date but it will not be refunded. If you do not give 24 hour’s written notice, your workshop or class will be forfeited.
20. All purchased workshops and classes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
21. We reserve the right to amend any workshops and classes upon 24 hours written notice to you (using the contact details you have provided us with). We will endeavour to reschedule workshops and classes as soon as possible.
22. We may, in our sole discretion offer you a refund for pre-paid workshops and classes.
23. Any refunds will be made to the card / account used to place your order within 14 days of our decision to issue you with a refund.
24. The material found or offered on this website or provided by us to you (“Materials”) are for your own general information and non-commercial use only. The Materials are not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The Materials are available for you to use at your own risk and you shall be responsible for ensuring the Materials are suitable for you.
25. We make no representation, warranty or guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, suitability or usefulness of the Material for any specific purpose. We will not be liable for your interpretation of, or for any inaccuracies or errors found in, the Material to the fullest extent excludable by law.
26. All Materials are either owned by or licensed to us. You may only use the Materials for your own personal use and not for any other purpose unless you obtain our written permission. The copyright notice at the bottom of this page forms part of these Terms.
Third Party Content
27. Any reference or link to third party content, websites, products or services are provided for further information purposes only and do not indicate or imply any endorsement, association, or other relationship between us and any third party. Should you access any link or choose to purchase or use any product, you do so at your own risk. We cannot be responsible for third party websites, products or services referenced on the website.
28. The content of this website is owned and / or licensed to London Slings Ltd. Our content is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights and you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, publicly display, translates or distribute our content without our permission. All rights reserved.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
29. We shall keep confidential any confidential information which you supply in connection with the Services / Products offered by us.
30. You acknowledge and agree that we may for the purpose of providing the Services / delivery the Products, process personal data about you and consent to us processing such personal data for any purpose connected with the Services / Products. We will adopt and maintain appropriate security measures for processing data.
31. We will use the personal information you provide to:
provide the Services / Products;
process your payment for such Services / Products; and
if you agreed to join the Takes a Village newsletter list, to inform you about similar services we provide, but you may stop receiving these communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or selecting the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of emails.
32. Any reference or link to third party content, websites, products or services are provided for further information purposes only and do not indicate or imply any endorsement, association, or other relationship between us and any third party, unless we say so. Should you access any link or choose to purchase or use any product, you do so at your own risk.
33. We may change these Terms at any time. If any clause of these Terms is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, that clause shall be severed from the rest of these Terms.
34. The information provided by us and our Partners to you is for your own use and is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
35. If you have any queries, questions or concerns about these Terms and/or the Services / Products, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
36. Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, under English law, be limited or excluded.
37. We cannot accept liability for any damage or loss to your personal property brought to Takes a Village.
38. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and you agree that any dispute between us regarding them and/or the Services / Products will be dealt with only by the courts of England and Wales.